How many times I've wanted to start my own blog, just to get things off my chest, or to make some profound comments on the world condition, or maybe just to vent and rant? Well, here it is, finally. I just got off the phone with Air Canada, and customer service is such a joy in this society, I just had to post.
After making a round trip to Lehigh Valley Airport for nothing, I called Air Canada to find out why my son's flight got cancelled. Yes we had thunderstorms, but when I left the house, Air Canada's web site showed the flight status as "On Time" fifteen minutes AFTER the flight was to take off.
On the way home, within 30 minutes of the scheduled arrival, the sun was shining here in the Lehigh Valley. Beautiful, as a matter of fact. So I called Air Canada and the arrogant operator seemed perplexed as to why I was upset over this. Isn't this what we should expect from airlines? "Esplanations? Ve don't need no stinkin' esplanations!" So I went back to the Air Canada website, went to the "Contact Us" page, and then clicked the "Click Here for complaints" link. Wow, what efficiency! I left a polite note asking who i should send my gasoline bill to. When I clicked send I got this:
(I swear, I did not make this up.)
"Thank you for contacting us. This is an "auto-response" which confirms we have received your message.Our current processing time is 21 business days for general customer concerns and 8 weeks for baggage related issues. There is no need to re-submit your information, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can. Unfortunately, Customer Relations is unable to accept email attachments. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."
Lovely. 21 days to get any answer at all. 8 weeks to get info about baggage. How can they stand the pressure of providing such fabulous customer service? Do they pay their people enough to achieve such levels of greatness?
I know, I know. The airline industry is under stress, fuel prices, unions, yada, yada, yada. And when an airline goes under, they blame the economy.
Male bovine excrement.
This is why I drive anywhere I possibly can within reason.
Airlines are nothing more than overpriced, elite bus services that fly. The only thing missing is gum under the seat. Lets just all admit that, keep our expectations low, and we will never be disappointed.
And if you are in the airline industry, get over yourself. Maybe you are one step above a taxi dispatcher, but I don't think so. Even Louis DePalma didn't take himself seriously.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment